Air Transport of the Carolinas, Florence, SC
The Chief Pilot will oversee the operations of the Part 135 on-demand Charter business. This includes scheduling maintenance for on-hand or future aircraft availability, as well as making sure pilots meet certification requirements and safety protocols, among other tasks.
- Oversee the charter company operations.
- Perform pilot in command services for training, maintenance, ferry, charter, and company business events.
- Maintain currency with local and federal flight regulations, as well as with their own flight qualifications.
- Flight planning Coordinate aircraft maintenance
- Develop all training materials, in-flight standards, and procedures and policies.
- Adjust and apply all risk assessments for flights and conditions.
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and managing charter pilots.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Promote the mission, vision and values in order to maintain a strong relationship with employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintaining a positive relationship with management and all team members
- Travel is required.
- B.A./B.S. in aeronautical science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- B.S. degree in Aviation Management or related field.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in aviation operations in progressive positions.
- Comprehensive aviation background in pilot services within the Charter Operations environment.
- 1,200 hours total time plus part 135 IFR minimums.
- 200 hours or more multi-engine time.
- ATP certificate preferred.