Precision Heli-Support is looking for a General Avionics Technician to support aircraft maintenance and modification projects. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs installation and troubleshooting of various aircraft electrical /avionics systems to include control, power, video, RF cables and electrical harnesses on aircraft.
- Performs aircraft electrical/ avionics system testing to include continuity, power and operational checks using test equipment both on the aircraft and on back shop test benches.
- Performs two-year IFR 91.411 and 91.413 checks.
- Use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools. Read, interpret, and supports development of electrical fabrication and installation drawings.
- This position is also responsible for control, servicing and calibration of equipment resources.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers and material suppliers
- Record keeping
- Four (4) to seven (7) years in commercial aviation electrical and avionics aircraft support experience required to include avionics equipment installations, pitot/static test set operation, and com/nav/transponder/TCAS test set operation.
- Experience with Garmin,
- Aspen and autopilot systems
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a high school graduate, AS degree preferred.
- A&P certificate preferred.
- Driver’s license
- Normal/corrected sight to 20/20.
- Normal color vision.
- Highly skilled in interpreting electrical schematics.
- Able to use basic hand tools and avionics specialty tools
- Competent with Microsoft Office suite of software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Strong documentation and organizational skills preferred
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%)
401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job-related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws. Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.