Position: A&P Mechanic
Location: Florence, SC
Pay Rate: DOE with Excellent Benefits Package
Precision Air is looking for an A&P Mechanic. The mechanic will provide inspection, repair and modification services on aircrafts to ensure they are operating correctly and safely.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and alteration of aircraft and aircraft engines to FAA or military airworthiness standards. (Piston & Turbine engine).
- Reads and interprets manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, engineering drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Knowledge and ability to work on hydraulic, landing gear, flight control, propeller and electrical systems.
- Perform structural repairs on metal and composite aircraft to procedures in aircraft structural repair manual, engineering drawings or AC 43-13.
- The use of hand, shop, sheetmetal, precision, and calibrated tools.
- Maintain and repair engines (piston and turbine) on wing.
- Perform line station maintenance to keep aircraft in flyable and safe operating condition.
- Operate ground equipment such as tugs, power carts and fork lift.
- Must have a basic set of hand tools required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Occasional travel required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- English language proficiency required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good communication skills.
Experience/Requirements and Physical Requirements
- FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certificate required.
- Acceptable completion or drug screening & background check requirements.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to be onboard aircraft in flight.
- Must be able to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, etc.
401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.
Submit Resumes to: HR@Tumeq.com