We are currently looking for an experienced Construction Superintendent to join our construction operations to provide project control services for heavy civil projects in the California area. We are working on civil projects from San Jose to Sacramento, California and seeking a full-time project engineer with experience in demolition, grading, paving, underground utilities, flood control, levee repair, and river or wetlands restoration. The home office is in Fairfield.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advanced knowledge of all trade disciplines, building techniques, project safety requirements, ability to interpret plans and specifications, CPM scheduling techniques, and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of government building contracts for State, Municipal, and Federal governments
- Manage the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met
- Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Create and maintain a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Manage and coordinate the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establish and maintain all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verify that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc…)
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Obtain all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Work with the compliance department to ensure all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administer client and corporate specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
- Conduct and/or attend pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Manage the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintain daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as contracts, accounting, HR, etc.
- Direct and manage the work load of supporting staff to include training, mentoring and follow up; and
- Construction Management Degree, Civil Engineering Degree or Minimum of 10 years in Heavy Civil Construction as field superintendent
- Proven track record of success on projects administrated by USACE, DHS, Cal –Trans and/or NAVFAC
- Related project experience strongly preferred
- PC literate in Microsoft Office applications with a proficiency in Excel and Word
- Scheduling software experience
- Must have a clean driving record for the past 3 years
- Must be able to walk through rough construction sites and lift 70 pounds from the ground
- Candidate must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
- Candidate must consent to a background check.
- Candidate must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Current Construction Quality Control certificate (CQC) Army Corps
- Recent experience on a Federal or State project
- Current Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP)
- P-6 Scheduling Software experience
- Safety Certification
- Training, certification and career development
- Flex time
- 10 Paid holidays each year
- 15 Paid time off (PTO) each year
- 401K IRA retirement plan with employer match
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to The Kuskokwim Corporation Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.
E-mail resume to: email@example.com