Air Transport of the Carolinas, Florence, SC
The Director of Operations (DOO) will have profit and loss accountability for a Part-135 aircraft charter company and is responsible for the overall direction and administration of the services provided by this small start-up business. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the overall operations of the company.
- Grow the business including increased capabilities and development of market relationships while ensuring profitability.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans to improve operations, customer satisfaction, cash generation, productivity and return on investment.
- Ensure the accurate, complete and timely submission of required financial reports, forecasts, quotations, budgets, rates, and analyses.
- Perform charter pilot services
- Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, and managing charter pilots.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Promote the mission, vision and values in order to maintain a strong relationship with employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Responsible for FAA, OSHA, environmental, and regulatory compliance and maintaining internal policy compliance.
- Maintaining a positive relationship with management and all team members
- Travel is required.
- Focus on Results – Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with no supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications – Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork – Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning & Decision-Making – Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative & Innovation – Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships – Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety – Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
- Continuous Improvement – Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
- Integrity – Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management – Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management – Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
- Leadership – Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in aviation management in progressive positions.
- Comprehensive aviation background in pilot services and management within the Charter Operations environment.
- 1,200 hours total time plus part 135 IFR minimums.
- 200 hours or more multiengine time.
- ATP certificate preferred.
- Proven background of engaging and motivating employees at all levels to maintain a cohesive team and high employee satisfaction.
- Verifiable experience successfully meeting business, safety, customer, and financial objectives
- Ability to link customer needs and business processes to drive business results.
- B.A./B.S. in Aviation Management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- B.S. degree in Aviation Management or related field, preferred
401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long-term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veteran’s status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job-related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.