Type: Full Time, Temporary, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Location: Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Texas
Reports To: Project Manager
Time frame of work: August through mid-November 2017
Accommodations: SIOTS will pay for Round trip airfare to San Antonio, Texas and provide long term housing during the project time frame. However, meals are not included.
Follow SIOTS policies for attendance, attitude and professionalism. Perform day to day labor operations such as: loading and unloading product, weighing freight, documentation, and other physical labor associated with handling freight and product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive initial training
- Load and unload product and freight
- Follow directions regarding delivery of product/freight from one location to another
- Verifies piece count and inspects packages for damage
- Follows procedures for ensuring product/freight is put in the correct location and secured
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Employee is responsible for advising management of any issues
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience in a warehouse or moving product is preferred
- Must be able to pass drug and alcohol test
- Must be able to pass background test
- Must have a valid Driver’s license or U.S. Passport
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift and move cargo, frequently up to 50 lbs and occasionally up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. Up to 10 hrs a day.
- Able to use and train on warehouse equipment, tools, and/or controls.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation’s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.
Please submit TKC Application and resume by email to HR@Tumeq.com or fax: 907-243-2984